Shaved Leeks with Champagne Vinaigrette
This elegant, French-inspired salad is perfect for entertaining!
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
4 Tablespoons leeks
2 Tablespoons shallot
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 Cup flat leaf parsley
1/2 Cup cilantro
1 Tablespoon lime
1/3 Cup pistachios
- Wash and trim leeks using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, slice very thinly.
- Steam the leeks with a tightly covered lid until tender (10 minutes).
- Rinse under cold water to drain and cool.
- Make vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, vinegar, shallot and mustard. Salt and pepper to taste.
- To plate: arrange steamed leeks on a plate, drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette on the leeks.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and cilantro leaves.
- Top with chopped pistachios.
- You can prepare this ahead and refrigerate in an airtight container.